Per Public Advisory No. JET-02 dated March 22, 2021, in view of the state of national emergency that the country is facing, the National Library of the Philippines (NLP) waives the collection of application fee for ISBN.
This portal is for ISBN, ISSN and ISMN application in the Philippines.
Note: Application through email will be accepted until its full transition and implementation on July 2021.
How to use the portal
- Create an account here.
- Only ONE account per publisher is allowed.
Fill-out all the required information about your publisher/company and authorized representative. Ensure that all the information you provided are correct. When you click the Create Account Button you can no longer edit the information. Any changes or update on the publisher / company information shall be directed to the Bibliographic Services Division (BSD) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is your first to apply for ISBN or ISMN, you will be required to upload documentary requirement:
For ISBN: National Book Development Board Certificate of Registration/Accreditation as PUBLISHER. (Visit their website https://booksphilippines.gov.ph/)
For ISMN: Product form or the physical or digital properties of a publication that differentiate it as a product. E.g. the same edition of a publication may appear in different product forms: hardcover; Braille; .pdf; .html; etc.
** Note: Uploading of documentary requirement can only be done during account creation.
- If you are already registered as Publisher and have created an account, the BSD staff will validate the information you have submitted and if approved, you will receive a system-generated email containing a link that you will use to log-in and direct you to a page where you can set your password.
- After setting up your password, you may begin applying for ISBN/ISMN/ISSN number by clicking one of the tabs in the menu.
- Applications with incomplete attachments or documentary requirements shall not be processed. Applicants will be informed of the status of their applications upon evaluation of the submitted documents.
- The standard processing time is two (2) working days. Applications received after 4:00 PM shall be processed the next working day.
- Remember to submit two (2) copies of your printed books or CD/DVD or email / link of downloadable file of your ebooks to NLP within 30 days of publication. Per section 2 of the Decree on Legal and Cultural Deposit (PD 812) (a) Within one month from the date of any printed book, as this term is defined herein, is first delivered out of the press, the publisher of such book shall furnish, free of charge and in the same finish as the best copies of produced, two copies thereof to the National Library.”
- Please be aware that details of publisher are registered by the NLP to the International Centres.